Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sneezed on by an elephant Week #51

Hello everyone! A great week here in Bang Khae. I thought not leaving our area would finally make it seem as if time has slowed down, but its still just flying by like crazy!
Last p-day we went to the zoo! It was so fun! It is not like the zoo in America where they have rules and safe fences... You can touch the animals... Its almost like a petting zoo. Ha ha the only fence I didn't want to reach through was the one with the lion in it. The zoo was cool though! We saw a little elephant show (it was maybe 5 minutes) and then an crocodile show. I still haven't ridden an elephant... but my feet have now been sneezed on twice by one. Gross! Ha ha
This week we taught some new investigators. We have this great older lady investigating. She really doesn't understand much of what we say to her, but she says she has seen her life improve since she has started meeting with us. She always looks around with these wide eyes and questioning smile. She is great though. On Sunday another one of our investigators called asking where the church was. Somehow our old lady investigator ended up with the phone explaining to the other investigator how to get to the church. Next thing I know the old lady is literally running out the door and down the street to meet up with the investigator and help them find the church. It was so great!
Another great moment (or maybe the greatest) of the week was Bugki's baptism! It was so great! She originally started learning in Ubon with the missionaries there. She then moved here to Bang Khae last transfer and we started teaching her. The only problem was she worked all day everyday so the process was a little bit slow. But this week she finally got to be baptized!
Another fun part of the week was Brother Shipley (one of our mtc teachers) came to Thailand. We got to eat dinner with him at a members house that he taught and baptized back when  he served here. It was fun. And funny to hear him speak Thai now that I can speak Thai and understand him. There was also a sister that came who finished about a year ago. They were amazed at the growth that has happened here since they both served. It was fun to see their reactions and really recognize how blessed Thailand has been. 
This is a scripture that I came across this week during studies. It was then brought up again by Sister Beckstrand. Its in D&C 68:6
"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."
Take it for what it is. I really like this scripture. 
Love you all!
-Sister Nethercott

 Elephants!




Crocodiles, monkeys and tigers oh my!






I got to  hold hands with this cute white monkey! :)
 We rode bikes this week to an LA's. While waiting to meet the Elders I thought I'd get the picture you were always requesting.


 Brother Shipley.
 Baptism!


Sister Beck contacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment