Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Birthday! Week #52

Hello everyone! Another great week here in Bang Khae! I hope its not one of the lasts with transfers coming up on Thursday. Logically it makes sense for me to stay for many reasons. But I have also never stayed anywhere longer than 2 transfers so that would be a change.
This last week we had district conference. Its just like stake conference. Elder Gong from the 70 came with his wife. They are really good speakers. (And I think it was more than just the fact that it was my native language for once instead of Thai). Sister Gong told this really good story about friendship and following promptings of the spirit. Sometimes I wish I could just record church meetings to share the lessons I learn with everyone!
Last p-day we went to Asoke to a big market full of so many fun things. I have been so good on my mission not buying too many things. I knew if I bought something I would have to drag it around my whole mission. I told myself I could wait until I was closer to going home. I guess I cracked when I knew I only had 6 months left and I was told my death papers are in the mail. I went to town with my shopping. Ha ha but all good stuff! Not a singe bit of buyers regret! It was so fun!
This week we taught and contacted as always. I love missionary work! Its so good! This Saturday I tried something... I didn't tell anyone it was my birthday. I just wanted to contact.... But it turns out we had a meeting in Asoke for district conference. We got there and conveniently my birthday package was at the church. I got to open it on my birthday! But then, my birthday card had my birth date on the card. The secret got spoiled. Sister Beckstrand saw it. So after getting to the church we went down to the Japanese restaurant that I love (its cheap for Japanese food here)! Tradition stands, Japanese for birthday dinner. While we were eating one of the members there for the district conference paid for our food! It was so nice! So I got a free Japanese birthday dinner! And then President knew it was my birthday and told me happy birthday and the secret was just kind of gone. It only lasted until dinner. But conveniently it turned out to be a really good day!
This week we didn't have a baptism from our companionship but there were 5 people baptized into the branch on Sunday! The church is growing so much here! Its amazing! One of our investigators that was baptized this month is now sharing the gospel with everyone! She has brought a different person to church for 3 weeks now. She is so great! Hopefully as we start teaching the family she introduced the gospel with, we will see some more miracles!
During district conference some scriptures were shared about faith. Mostly in Alma 32 and Ether 12. I love both of those chapters so much! If you have some extra time, just go read them. But I think it was Sister Gong who talked about faith growing and how Heavenly Father has performed so many miracles in the history of the scriptures why would the miracles stop now? Sometimes they are just little things throughout the day but the Lord's hand is in all things. I've seen it time and time again on my mission. Heavenly Father answers our prayers. He blesses us according to our obedience to His commandments and according to our faith. 
I love you all!

-Sister Nethercott

So I called this member and he doesn't answer. He texts saying its not convenient to talk but he can text. So I text him this thing in Thai and it takes a while to make sure I spell things right and to find the letters on the keyboard. Right when I get done, I get another text that says. You can text in English. Ha ha that would happen to me. Just look at the times. (I guess it took her 7 minutes to type her response)  :)
 Awesome storm that came in


Birthday! 


This is the box card I made for her- she loves the Red Sox, elephants, Subway and Coldstone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment