Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Week #50

On our Mother's Day skype call!
Hello everyone! This week went by so fast! We had MLC in Asoke. Then the next day we went to Jangwatana (I have no idea how that is spelt in english) for Sister Beckstrands work visa. So finally on Friday we got a normal training study schedule. Ha ha I don't know where all the time goes! It feels like there is never enough time in the day to get things done!
The good news is, the Lord blesses you when you are diligent. Sister Paan got baptized! She was so happy, excited, and nervous on her baptism day. She was just grinning all day long. And she has such a good desire to share it with her family. The primary did a musical number during the service and safe safe (the little 8 year old who was baptized last week with his mom) got to sing. Then the young women did a musical number and our investigator sang with them. It was so cool to see everyone getting involved.
Today we are going to a crocodile farm where we should hopefully get to see baby tigers! Sorry I don't have much to say. 
Thanks to all the mothers out there that have been an example to me! Thanks especially to you mom! I am so grateful for your example and all you have taught me. 
In honor of mothers day the scripture I want to share is Alma 56:48. It says, "And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." 
This is the army of Helaman explaining where their great faith came from. They knew that their mothers knew Christ was their Savior and if they put their trust in Him, He would help them. Whether or not we are mothers, we  should always strive to follow the example of the mothers of Helaman's army. Everyone should know that we do not doubt our testimony.
I hope you all have had a great week! Love you all!
-Sister Nethercott
 Well I tried durian... It didn't stink... It just smelt like pumpkin
 We got to eat a que pasa! :)

 We bought some coconut orbs (I don't know what its called). I've never seen 'em before. It was just the coconut cut out of the shell
 Baptism! Sister Paan.

 The big elephant is me because I am the mom. The little elephant is S. Beck because she is my child. Ha ha

Text-to-speech function is limited to 100 characters

No comments:

Post a Comment