Sunday, July 12, 2015

New Mission President Week #58

Hello everyone!
This week was awesome! But really. We got to meet the new mission President on Wednesday. Its definitely a change from President Senior. I felt a little bad for the man and his wife. They had just flown over on a really long plane ride and had to jump straight into meeting everyone and traveling all over Thailand. Little do they know, welcome to the next 3 years. No time to recover, they just have to learn how to adjust. It will be fun to see what they bring to the mission though. President Johnson did tell us he was going to change things. He didn't say what or when but we might have to say goodbye to some of our mission traditions. After their introduction in Pakret they came back to our area to work with us. Unfortunately nobody calculated the time of Bangkok traffic for them (or if they did, it was not calculated correctly). They came later than expected. We had to just teach a quick introduction lesson to our investigator with Sister Johnson. Then we ate dinner together and got home late. Welcome new mission President, we are going to start off your first day by braking the rules. Ha ha but its ok. It was a good night.
Saturday might have been the second to best day of my life. (Best day goes to Sunday). Our investigator called and said he wanted to meet with us. After we prayed he said, "Ok I am ready. I want to get baptized tomorrow." I don't know if I can put the joy I felt into words! This investigator started learning before I got here. It was a lot of work, praying and seeking inspiration, and help from Heavenly Father to get ชิน (chin) ready. But it finally happened! So we got him interviewed and yesterday he got baptized!!! I wouldn't even believe it until I saw him get immersed in the water. After, his testimony was so good! He ended by saying, "I am going to be the best saint I can. I am going to help Thailand prepare for the temple and I am going to help Bangkok west become a stake."
If the pattern stays in this area, I will be moving this week. I would love nothing more to stay in Bang Khae but I also feel in a place where I can be at peace leaving. But hurry and pray I stay!
This week I want to share this scripture. It is what I read with Chin after his announcement he was ready to be baptized. Alma 26:35
"Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name."
I would like to invite all of you to be missionaries. You don't have to come out into the field and serve a full time mission. You can share the gospel with everyone around you. Share with them how the gospel has brought you happiness in life. Share the gospel through your example. Just share the gospel and the truth that Jesus Christ is our Savior and He lives with everyone! I know from experience nothing else will ever bring you more joy!
I hope you all have a great week!

-Sister Nethercott

 The lady that makes my papaya salad had to run to the market so I asked her daughter if I could just start making my own. (That is SO Brecklyn!)  :)
 Contacting. We took the Elders around so they could learn where some members live.
My friends and members of Bang Khae. Except one is the sister or our RC. She is now investigating too!

 Our district. We apparently need to practice our jumping skills with picture taking.
 Our district

My 3 children. I have too many kids to take care of here! Ha ha

 Baptism!!!
And the after celebration. Tim Tam Slam!

No comments:

Post a Comment