Monday, June 15, 2015

Lots of Conferences! Week #55

Waiting around a lot in the process of switch-offs... Not as much fun.
Hello everyone! I don't even know what to write about this week. 
Last Monday was a little crazy. I was so looking forward to a low key p-day with maybe a nap to make up on some of the sleep I've missed. Last Monday turned into another trip to Asoke for final interviews with President before he leaves. Then we got to go back to Asoke on Wednesday for zone conference. From there I headed East to Sapaan Sung to stay the night before their zone conference. I am getting a lot better at sleeping on tile floor. Ha ha
Zone conference was all about hope. It was great. Actually it was kind of sad. It was President and Sister Senior's final goodbye. And a lot of the senior couples are ending pretty soon. So it was a lot of goodbyes. Its funny because us missionaries are feeling a sense of closure and yet we still have to push on! Ha ha Our time is not up yet! There is so much more work to do! I honestly wish I had more time to do it all. As I watch the missionaries going home, I watch as they leave right before something so exciting happens. Like the temple announcement or the creating of a new stake (which just took place in the Issan). So many new and exciting things are taking place here in Thailand and I know it is only the beginning. The Lord has announced a temple. Thailand isn't ready yet. But that is God's way of saying we will be. Now it is up to us to make sure the Thailand will be ready in time. We have a lot of baptizing and reactivating to do!
This week was full of some disappointments but so many surprises. I feel like when Heavenly Father closes one door for you, He immediately opens up another one. You just have to learn to embrace His plan and be willing to change your plans at any given moment. Some things that start out seeming wrong become a blessing in disguise. Serving a mission is the best thing in the world. You learn so much about others, about yourself, and about Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I want everyone to take some time this week and do at least one thing that will strengthen your relationship with your Heavenly Father.
I love you all and hope you had a great week!

-Sister Nethercott

Zone Conference
 Yummy Pakistan food!
 This was at MLC. Was that only last week?

  Some pictures from the zone trainings...

 Was zone conference fun? You tell me.

 We live in Bangkok.... Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment