Monday, September 22, 2014

Flour Tower Collapse Week #16

This week during FHE I collapsed the flour tower... Ha ha
Well we survived transfer week! All but Elder Boonmee. We got another greenie in our district now, Elder Bush. He came in way strong. His first day here he was already better at the language both speaking and reading than I am. And I have been here a whole transfer now! Ha ha I guess he is just here to give me an extra push or something. But seriously, the day he got here they asked him to give the spiritual thought in coordination meeting. Everyone's jaws just dropped and all of the Thai people in the meeting were just like, "he's a greenie?" He is a great addition to our district, but of course we still already miss Elder Boonmee.
Sister Her and I just realized it was only Thursday that transfers happened. It feels like forever ago! But nothing has really happened since... Ok I will try to think of things to write.
This week we visited a member Sister หญิง. She made such good food! It was genkiowan... A green curry that she had noodles we could put in it. And She made a good salad with fried chicken. And there were potatoes! Its crazy how quickly you miss the taste of Americanish food. This is the same sister that made that fish. Sister Her let her know that I don't like spicy food so hopefully the delicious stuff she made on Wednesday will keep coming!
We also visited an RC Sister Jenny. She is super cute! We got there expecting to meet with her and get to know her. But when we got there (to her salon where she works), she had a customer there ready for us to teach. Or for her to teach with us as witnesses. Ha ha. She was awesome though! She wanted us to teach about the temple and eternal families. She pretty much taught her everything our church believes and everything we do. All at once, without it even being overwhelming. She shared her conversion experience about everything and bore her testimony on it. This is a comparison she made about the church. Its like standing outside of the gates of Disneyland. You see all the happiness and lights and everything fun inside but you don't go in and join. So you have to go in and then you can have all that joy too! Her customer seemed super sincere and interested. The only problem, she is from southern Thailand and was going back the next day. We don't have missionaries there! She said she had skype though, so hopefully she will be able to meet with the Elders over skype.
Other than that, not a whole lot happened. This week just went by way fast. The area is finally organized now and Sister Her and I finally have somewhat of a schedule with things. It took us a whole transfer to get this place opened and organized but now that it is, I don't ever want to leave! I hope I stay here for a while. 
Oh our investigators. They are still progressing but no one with a date. We hope to change that this week. But they all seem good. I think if I were converting to a church I would need at least a month. Sister Her says this is the longest she has ever taught anyone though. One thing that made me super happy yesterday was this: Our investigator that brings his little brother to church, well he brought him again. He is about ten. And yesterday there was a musical number with the ward choir and the primary. And he was up there singing with them and his brother (our actual investigator) was watching. It was just so sweet! 
Here is a scripture that I want to share for this week:
Mosiah 4: 11-12
 "11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.
 12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true."
God really loves all of us! The more things you do that bring yourself closer to him, the more you will recognize how much that is true! I am so happy that I know I have a loving Heavenly Father. That there is someone who loves me more than I can even understand. 
I hope you have all had a great week! I love you all!

-Sister Nethercott
transfer meeting with my MTC district (almost all of them)
The Sisters of my MTC District. Reunion at transfers


Thailand is great because you can order food at the internet cafe's. And they bring it to you.

Flour Tower collapse 
If you remember from last week's email:
This was a game that we played for FHE. You get the flour set up like that and put a candy on top. Then you go around the circle and take turns taking part of the flour pile. If it collapses while you do it, you have to eat the candy from the stack using just your face!

An older man that attends English class has a crush on Brecklyn and brings her treats every week. This week was an opened package of gummies. :)

Getting cocoyen which is like a chocolate milk that has condensed milk and sugar and more sugar.... Not something you want to get addicted to. Ha ha

This is the baby that lives somewhere on the same street as the church. The little boy behind it seems to be his care taker... They are usually dragging it around with a string or running it down slopes or sliding him under cars... It freaks me out and no one even cares here! I don't know how these children make it to be adults!

Ok they are so smart with traffic here. If one way is more backed up than the other way, they close more lanes on the other side and then let the more crowded side have more lanes. I think it is genius. I have even seen it done on the freeway. They just put out cones and let people drive on the other side of the cement dividers.

No comments:

Post a Comment